When it comes to health and wellness, there’s a great deal that doctors and researchers still don’t understand. But over the last few years, it’s become clear that a healthy microbiome is important to lasting wellness. Our microbiome is the collection of trillions of bacteria, both good and bad, that line our intestinal tract. Increasingly, scientists have found that the type of bacteria present is linked to digestive and immune health. (Want some additional insight on the benefits of a healthy microbiome? Check out this Project Bold Life story!) This has resulted in a significant rise in the number of products that claim to help create a healthy microbiome. Among these are probiotics, which strive to increase the “good” bacteria and promote a more balanced microbiome.
Unfortunately, it’s not as easy as simply taking any probiotic on the market. While some of the best probiotics do promote a heathy microbiome, others may not. That’s why it’s important to know which are the best probiotics before you commit to a healthier lifestyle. Thankfully, there are several excellent options on the market today when it comes to probiotics. And with a little bit of insight, you can select which one is right for you. Not only will you position yourself for better wellness, but you’ll save a few bucks in the process.
The Basics of Probiotics
Before listing the best probiotics that you might want to consider, it’s important to realize a few other best practices. Rather than taking probiotics to achieve a healthy microbiome, a personalized diet plays a large role in this regard. Natural probiotics that you can include in your diet involve a range of fermented foods and beverages you might enjoy. These include things like yogurts, kimchi, kombucha, tempeh, and miso. You can also promote a healthy microbiome by eating prebiotic foods that are later converted to probiotics. These include things like legumes, onions, garlic, green bananas and asparagus.
If these foods do not sound appealing, or if they’re not doing the trick, then probiotics may be a good option. As a general rule, the best probiotics are those that have at least 1 billion colony-forming-units (CFUs) of good bacteria. Likewise, the best probiotics also welcome outside testing to ensure their quality and strength are good. As a result, brand names tend to be better than generic or store bands as a general rule. Finally, some are better for digestive health while others may have additional benefits on your immune or reproductive systems. In short, there are many reasons to consider probiotics. With this in mind, the following are among the best probiotics on the market today.
- Elm & Rye Probiotics – These probiotics are consistently known for their high-quality and the lack of any additives or fillers. They also participate in 3rd-party testing and are committed to sustainable sourcing and packaging. And in terms of promoting a healthy microbiome, they are best known for boosting immunity and aiding digestion. For this reason, they are an excellent probiotics choice.
- Renew Life Probiotics – This is one of the best probiotics when it comes to women. In addition to its high quality and potency, it contains over 25 billion CFUs of bacterial cultures. Likewise, its excellent in promoting healing and repair of intestinal and vaginal lining tissues. This is a preferred choice for many women considering probiotics.
- Mercola’s Complete Probiotics – Probiotics are not just for adults either. Kids benefit from a healthy microbiome just as much as men and women do. In this regard, Dr. Mercola’s is one of the best probiotics for kids. In addition to its good quality formulations, it is non-GMO and is gluten-free. The company also offers a 90-day return and refund policy if poorly satisfied.
- Ohhira’s Probiotics Original Formula – Probiotic products that contain live cultures are known to be more effective. This is especially true of they also contain prebiotics. In this regard, Dr. Ohhira’s is a great choice with it having over 12 strains of bacteria as well as pre- and post-biotics. It too is non-GMO and gluten-free as well as dairy-free.
- Probiotics 60 Billion CFU – As the name implies, this is one of the best probiotics because it contains such a variety and quantity of good bacteria. With over 10 strains, and 60 billion CFUs, it’s touted as offering maximum stamina and energy. In addition, it’s also great for those with digestive troubles and for those looking to lose weight.
- Culturelle Daily Probiotics – This is another great probiotics’ choice for those seeking a healthy microbiome. This formulation has over 10 billion CFUs of healthy bacteria. it has also been tested in individuals with GI issues and eczema with favorable results. Plus, for those with allergies, it has no extra contaminants like yeast, gluten, wheat or lactose.
- Klaire Labs Ther-Biotic Complete – This product is listed among the best probiotics because of its hypoallergenic features as well. In addition to guaranteeing product purity, it carefully ensures none of the top 8 allergens are in the product. It also boasts 12 different culture strains and over 25 billion CFUs of good bacteria.
- INNATE Response Formula Probiotics – Like other probiotics that promote a healthy microbiome, INNATE’s formulation has multiple strains and billions of CFUs. But it also has an added feature that increases the potency of its probiotic formula. Specifically, the strains lack a glyphosate residue that often decreases the number of probiotics reaching the gut. As a result, more of the probiotics can exert their beneficial effects.
- Garden of Life RAW Probiotics for Women – This is another probiotics formulation that is designed for women and to promote vaginal health. But it’s also one of the most potent and best probiotics on the market. Containing 33 different bacterial strains and 85 billion CFUs, it packs a punch. Plus, it also includes some prebiotics in its formulation as well.
- Vegan Probiotic with Prebiotic Capsules – As its name implies, this probiotic is designed with vegans in mind. Thus, for those who want a healthy microbiome while ensuring no animal and dairy was used, this is a good choice. With 16 billion CFUs, it too offers great potency and effect, especially with digestive and immune issues. And all of its components are organic and safe.
The world is getting back to business. Are you ready to join it? Get the acclaimed book that can help you live Bold!