When it comes to yoga, the health and wellness benefits of its practice are well known. Several different yoga classes are available, with each one offering unique advantages. From hot yoga to Vinyasa flow, you’re certain to find the perfect practice to meet your needs. But when you do, you’ll need more than some motivation and a good yoga guru. (Who are the top ten yoga gurus? Read this Project Bold Life story and find out!) You’ll also need some key pieces of yoga exercise equipment to help you get the most out of your practice.
When it comes to yoga accessories, there are a number of factors that must be considered. Good value is not only determined by price but also by the durability and quality of your yoga exercise equipment. Likewise, comfort and clean-ability are additional aspects to think about when picking which products to purchase. With these things in mind, the following are among top ten yoga accessories of 2021 you might want to consider.
- A Quality Yoga Mat – When it comes to various pieces of yoga exercise equipment, a quality yoga mat is essential. While many variables should be considered, one involves the mat’s thickness as well as its non-slip surface. In this regard, BalanceFrom GoYoga all-purpose yoga mat is great value. In addition to being a half-inch thick, it is moisture-resistant with double-sided non-stick surfaces. Plus, its price won’t break the bank either.
- A Quick-and-Easy Yoga Sling – Now that you have your yoga mat, you’ll need a yoga sling. These yoga accessories should make it easier for you to carry your mat and protect it from damage. Gaiam Yoga Sling is an excellent choice in this regard as it has durable metal D-rings that make adjustments quick and easy. In addition, this yoga exercise equipment choice is lightweight and only costs roughly $10.
- An Insulated Yoga Water Bottle – Especially for those of you who enjoy hot yoga, one of the most important yoga accessories is a good water bottle. After all, water wellness and good hydration are important. (Read more about the importance of hydration in wellness in this Project Bold Life story!) Though a bit pricey, Hydro Flask standard-mouth water bottle is a great choice. Not only does it keep water cold for hours, but its fashionable, ergonomically designed, and ecofriendly. Its patented Temp Shield technology makes this piece of yoga exercise equipment worth its price.
- A Lightweight Yoga Towel – For those workouts where you get a bit sweaty, a lightweight yoga towel is also important. For roughly $15, the Nabaji yoga towel is among one of the best yoga accessories to consider. It’s quick-drying, lightweight, and highly absorbent. Also, it’s also compact and comes in various sizes. Even for those who sweat just a little, this is a great addition to your yoga exercise equipment.
- An Adjustable Yoga Strap – For those more challenging yoga positions, you’ll also want to think about adding a strap to your yoga accessories. These can enhance your workout while preventing injury. The Rumi Earth Yoga Strap is a popular choice in this regard. It consists of 100% cotton, which makes it soft and easy to wash. Likewise, it’s 8 feet in length and easily adjustable to different lengths. At $10, it’s also a great value.
- Wearable Yoga Weights – For those of you who want to do a bit of strength training, wearable yoga weights might help. These yoga accessories can be worn only when you want to pursue a different yoga experience. Bala Bangles makes a great pair of wearable yoga weights that weight either 1 or 2 lbs. They’re made from recycled stainless-steel inside with a super-soft silicon outside. Plus, they come in a variety of colors and are quite fashionable.
- Supportive Yoga Blocks – Other yoga exercise equipment you might consider also includes yoga blocks. The addition support and height can similarly help prevent injury and maximize your yoga experience. Rumi Earth makes a great pair of bamboo yoga blocks for $20. They’re lightweight, durable, and ecofriendly, and they provide a surface that’s easy to grip. Regardless of your level of experience, these are important yoga accessories to include.
- A Comfy Yoga Neck Pillow – At the end of your yoga session, you take a moment to relax and reflect. It’s a time for a brief period of meditation. It’s during this time that a comfy neck pillow may come in handy. As a result, Hugger Mugger offers a silk neck pillow that can compliment your other yoga accessories. The silk outside offers a cool surface to help you relax. Likewise, its inner buckwheat hull filling easily molds to the contours of your neck. With an accompanying drawstring bag, this is a nice addition to your yoga exercise equipment.
- Sweat Resistant Yoga Pants – Without question, yoga pants can be worn in a variety of settings and have become quite fashionable. But they also remain an important part of your yoga accessories. For your yoga practice, Lululemon’s Wunder Under High-Rise Tights are among the best. Their patented Luon fabric offers the perfect amount of stretchiness, durability, and positioning. They’re also sweat resistant and have a waistband that doesn’t curl. Though a bit more in price, you’ll be pleased with this choice.
- A Fashionable Yoga Top – Lululemon is well recognized for its yoga apparel for a reason. That’s why you’ll also want to consider their yoga tops as part of your yoga accessories. Their Cool Racerback Yoga Top is naturally made of the same Luon material. But this top is also quite breathable, quick-drying, and lightweight. These yoga tops also maintain their shape after years of use and care. With a variety of colors and patterns, this top will go well with all your other yoga exercise equipment and attire.
Personalizing Your Yoga Exercise Equipment
Naturally, we each have different body types, levels of yoga skills, and physical needs. Therefore, yoga accessories that work well for one person might not be ideal for the next. It’s therefore important to customize your choices based on your own preferences. By using the above list as a guide, you’ll be able to better identify which products offer you the best value. And with these as part of your yoga exercise collection, you’ll be able to truly get the most out of your workouts.
The world is getting back to business. Are you ready to join it? Get the acclaimed book that can help you live Bold!