Believe or not, dating apps have been around for nearly 2 decades. During that time, a lot has changed on the dating scene. Of course, anyone with the hopes of finding a match had to deal dating during a pandemic this past year. (Read more about the pandemic-inspired rise of virtual dating in this Project Bold Life story.) But even before this, participating in some form of online dating was almost a must. But with so many choices in dating platforms out there, it can be difficult to know which one is best for you. In most cases, different dating apps offer different features and are designed to provide different types of connections. Therefore, it’s important to know a little about these platforms before diving in. With that in mind, the following are the top 10 dating apps for 2021. Given their diverse features, there’s certain to be one to meet your needs.
- Hinge – This is one of the best dating apps for those serious about finding a match. Hinge allows users to create engaging and useful member profiles, which can include things like political perspectives, religious views, thoughts about kids, and more. In essence, Hinge is about creating serious connections between people rather than a casual connection.
- Tinder – Unless you’ve been under a rock, most anyone with hopes in finding a match knows about Tinder. It’s basically the first stop among dating apps, and it offers one of the largest sites for users. Though Tinder is often cited as a dating site for hook-ups, it is equally adept at making long-term relationships. But its profiles are much less in-depth, and it’s easy to “swipe” over someone that might have potential.
- OK Cupid – This is another one of those dating apps that is focused on creating lasting and committed relationships. Users complete an exhaustive list of questions that creates extensive member profiles. The site then determines a match/enemy percentage ratio with others on the site. This is used in finding a match for members can then message one another. OK Cupid also boasts a very large number of users.
- Curtn – This is one of the newer dating apps that attempts to make finding a match less frustrating. In essence, Curtn uses video chats and videos to portray member profiles, personalities, and humor. Likewise, outdated videos are not able to be used, ensuring timely and real-time interactions. Despite a small user base, Curtn is great for those who want to minimize those awkward first dates.
- Coffee Meets Bagel – For those who are unsure of finding a match on dating apps, Coffee Meets Bagel can help. In addition to creating detailed profiles, it provides message suggestions for you to use for your list of curated matches. And new “bagels” or matches appear for you at noon each day. This app also provides periodic reminders to help you stay on task.
- Bumble – This is one of the dating apps designed with women in mind. Women users must first message those whose profile they like before they can e contacted. Likewise,there is a 24-hour time limit on a response once a message is sent. The time limits encourage a quicker response, and notably, the messaging rules put the woman in charge of the encounter. Plus, Bumble has a very large user base, which might be important when finding a match most suitable.
- Lantern – Some of the newer dating apps are taking a different approach to connecting people. Lantern is one of those apps. With entertainment as a priority, Lantern provides a story narrative while employing gamification technologies to engage its users. As a result, finding a match feels more like an adventure. Likewise, Lantern also uses a weighted algorithm that uses relationship psychology to help create meaningful connections.
- Happn – While this platform has a smaller number of users, it might be ideal for those wanting to meet someone locally. Happn focuses more on your location to determine who might be a best match. While other dating apps also have this feature, Happn does have a higher number of guys compared to girls on its platform. This may be important for women looking to improve their odds while staying local in their search.
- Her – This dating app is designed and created for the LGBTQ+ community. In fact, it is more than a place to for finding a match. Her is also a social media platform for LGBTQ+ individuals as well. This app allows users to search by sexuality, and Her also hosts many social events in various cities worldwide. While other dating apps cater to various sexual preferences, Her is among the best in terms of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Plenty of Fish – Started in 2003, Plenty of Fish is among the oldest dating apps out there today. As a result, it boasts a large user base, offering a better chance for finding a match. In addition, POF is known for a relatively younger demographic, with most members under the age of 36 years. While it does have its share of bots and scams, it remains one of the most popular dating sites.
Different Strokes for Different Folks
As you can see, these top dating apps all have features that make each one unique. Therefore, it’s important to not only know what you want but where to find it. Fortunately, there are many options from which to choose. And of course, you don’t have to pick just one. Finding a match, regardless of your intentions, can be challenging. But by choosing the best dating platform designed to meet your needs, you’ll be more successful in your approach.
The world is getting back to business. Are you ready to join it? Get the acclaimed book that can help you live Bold!